How to Clean Stains in Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee is one of the most popular hot drinks in the world, and if you own a glass coffee pot, then you know how quickly stains can build up. Luckily, cleaning glass coffee pots is easy and doesn’t require harsh chemical cleaners. Here are some tips on how to get your glass coffee pot sparkling again:
1. Fill the pot halfway with hot water
Fill the pot halfway with hot or warm water, depending on the stain, and add an appropriate cleaning solution. Here are some suggested cleaning solutions:
- Baking soda – a natural sanitizer and deodorizer, great for removing mild buildup from your coffee maker.
- White vinegar – the acidic content in vinegar helps to eat away at tough buildup.
- Lemon juice – the citric acid in lemons makes them a great natural cleaner.
2. Let the pot sit for at least 20 minutes
Let the pot sit for at least 20 minutes so the cleaning solution has time to work and d egrade the stains. This will help loosen the buildup and make it easier to scrub away.
3. Scrub the stains with a soft sponge or cloth
When the pot has finished soaking, use a soft sponge or cloth to scrub away the stubborn stains. If the stains are especially tough, you may need to use a plastic scrubbing brush to get them out.
4. Rinse and dry the pot
When the stains have been removed, rinse the pot with hot water and dry it with a clean, soft cloth. Make sure to dry inside and outside of the pot to prevent further buildup.
5. Clean the pot regularly
To prevent future buildup, it’s a good idea to regularly clean your glass coffee pot. Clean it every couple of weeks with one of the cleaning solutions listed above. This will help maintain your glass coffee pot and keep it in top condition.
Following these steps will help you clean and maintain your glass coffee pot. It’s easy to keep your coffee pot sparkling again with just a few simple steps.