How to Clean a Pyrex Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee-lovers rejoice—Pyrex glass coffee pots are perfect for brewing a delicious cup of joe. However, like everything else, Pyrex needs to be cleaned. Here’s a guide on how to properly clean your glass Pyrex coffee pot.
Prepare for Cleaning:
- Gather supplies:
- Baking soda
- Soft sponge
- Glass cleaning solution
- Select a non-abrasive cleaner
- Disconnect the Pyrex coffee pot from any power source
- Fill the Pyrex pot 1/4 full with hot water and 1 tbsp. of baking soda.
- Slosh the solution around for about a minute until the interior is covered.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes to loosen up any grime.
- Using a soft sponge, scrub the inside of the pot until all dirt and residue is gone.
- If there are any tough spots, use a glass cleaning solution to get rid of them.
- Finally, rinse the Pyrex pot with hot water.
- Always rinse the pot after cleaning to make sure any leftover cleaning solution is removed.
- If you see any scratches on the typical metal heating elements of the coffee pot, don’t worry. They will not affect the performance or safety of your coffee pot.
- To keep your Pyrex coffee pot sparkling clean, run a weak solution of vinegar and water through the pot more often.
The key to keeping your Pyrex coffee pot looking brand new is cleaning it regularly. By following the tips discussed in this article, you can keep your coffee pot in excellent condition for many years!