How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Pot
A glass coffee pot is an essential kitchen item for all households that love a good cup of coffee. But with everyday use, the inside of the pot can get dirty. Keeping your pot clean is important to make sure you’re drinking the best-tasting coffee. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to keep the inside of your glass coffee pot sparkling clean:
Step 1: Gather Supplies
You will need some basic supplies to get started on cleaning your glass coffee pot:
- White distilled vinegar: Vinegar is an all-natural cleaner with disinfectant properties that can help to eliminate bacteria and build up within your coffee pot.
- Baking soda: This can help to neutralize odors and remove stubborn stains that have built up within the glass.
- Dish soap: This helps to remove any additional residue left in your glass pot.
- Soft cleaning cloth: You will need a soft cleaning cloth to wipe away any soap or vinegar solutions.
Step 2: Clean the Coffee Pot
Once you have your supplies gathered, it’s time to start cleaning your coffee pot:
- Fill your coffee pot with 1 part white distilled vinegar and 1 part water. Swirl the mixture around the pot to help remove buildup.
- Let the mixture sit in your coffee pot for 20 minutes.
- Dump the vinegar and water mixture and fill the coffee pot with hot water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Swirl the mixture around the pot, letting it sit for 10 minutes.
- If there are any stubborn stains, make a paste using baking soda and water and apply it to the inside of the coffee pot. Allow the paste to sit for 10 minutes and then scrub gently with a soft cleaning cloth.
- Once the inside of the coffee pot is clean, rinse it with hot water. Then add a few drops of liquid dish soap and a few drops of white distilled vinegar to the hot water and swirl the pot to remove any remaining residue.
- Rinse the coffee pot with hot water to remove the soapy mixture.
- Finally, dry any excess water with a soft cleaning cloth.
Step 3: Enjoy Your Clean Coffee Pot
Now that your coffee pot is clean, you can enjoy your favorite cup of coffee without worrying about germs, grime, or bad odors. Make sure to rinse it out after every use and you’ll never have to worry about the inside getting grimy again!