How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
A glass coffee pot is one of the coziest, most stylish ways to make a cup of coffee. Over time, however, the glass carafe may become stained with hardened residue from coffee and tea, which could be a breeding ground for bacteria. To keep your coffee pot in tip-top shape, follow these simple steps to get it sparkling clean!
What You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Dish detergent
- Soft cloths or sponges
- Optional: citrus-based cleaner
Step 1: Pre-Soak with Soap and Water
- Fill the glass carafe with warm water.
- Add a few drops of dish detergent and stir.
- Let the pot sit for a few minutes to allow the soap mixture to break down and soften the stains.
- Optional: You can also pre-soak using a citrus-based cleaner.
Step 2: Clean with Baking Soda and White Vinegar
- Pour a few tablespoons of baking soda into the carafe.
- Add one cup of white vinegar.
- Stir the mixture.
- Let the carafe sit overnight.
Step 3: Rinse and Dry
- Thoroughly rinse out the carafe with warm water.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to gently scrub away any stubborn residue.
- Rinse again, then let the carafe air-dry.
These three simple steps should keep your glass coffee pot free of unpleasant build-up and residue. Enjoy the sight of a fresh and clean carafe full of coffee!