How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot Without Vinegar
Although vinegar is a popular ingredient used to clean glass coffee pots, it’s not the only option. Here are some effective cleaning methods that do not require vinegar:
Baking Soda & Water
- Create a cleaning solution: In a smaller bowl, mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of warm water.
- Apply the mixture: Dip a soft, damp sponge into the baking soda solution and use it to scrub the outside and inside of your coffee pot.
- Rinse the coffee pot: Dip a second sponge into a bowl of warm water, then use it to rinse the coffee pot.
Dish Soap & Water
- Make a cleaning solution: Fill your coffee pot with warm water and add 1 teaspoon of dish soap.
- Let it soak: Let the coffee pot soak for 20 to 30 minutes, then scrub the inside and outside.
- Rinse the pot: Turn the coffee pot upside down while running hot water over both the inside and outside.
Whether you’re using baking soda and water or dish soap and water, these cleaning methods ensure your glass coffee pot will be spotless without the use of vinegar. If a more intensive scrubbing is necessary, you can always use baking soda and dish soap for extra cleaning power.