How to Clean Glass Coffee Pots
Cleaning a glass coffee pot can be quite a task. But it’s quite simple and easy if you know the right steps and approach. Follow this guide for cleaning your glass coffee pot like a pro.
Steps to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
- Step 1: Empty out the old coffee from the glass coffee pot and put it aside in a separate container.
- Step 2: Rinse the glass coffee pot with warm water.
- Step 3: Fill up the glass coffee pot with warm water and add a tablespoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Step 4: Let the mixture sit in the glass coffee pot for 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Scrub the pot with a sponge or cloth, scrubbing from the sides of the pot to the bottom in a circular motion.
- Step 6: Empty the mixture and rinse the glass coffee pot with warm water.
- Step 7: Fill up the glass coffee pot with warm water and some dish soap, let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub the pot with a clean cloth.
- Step 8: Rinse out the glass coffee pot and then dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Tips to Maintain the Cleanliness of Your Glass Coffee Pot
- Clean the glass coffee pot regularly to prevent buildup of coffee residues and oils.
- You can add a teaspoon of white vinegar and a pinch of baking soda to the pot for extra cleaning power.
- To get rid of extra odors from the pot, fill the pot with warm water and add a few drops of vanilla extract to the water. Let it soak for a few minutes then rinse with clean water.
- To prevent your coffee pot from getting stained, you can add a few drops of olive oil to the water in the pot before rinsing.
Keeping your glass coffee pot clean and free of coffee residue and oils is an important part of coffee making. With the right steps and regular maintenance, you can make sure your coffee is always brewed in clean pot.