Instructions on How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
Making coffee with a glass pot is an enjoyable and easy way of brewing coffee. However, it’s important to keep your glass coffee pot clean in order to enjoy the best cup of coffee. Here are some tips to help you clean a glass coffee pot properly:
Things You’ll Need:
- Mild dish soap
- White vinegar
- Soft sponge
- Soft brush
- Warm water
- Empty the pot: Start by emptying out the coffee pot after brewing your coffee. Discard any leftover beans or grounds.
- Wash it out with soap: Mix mild dish soap with warm water. Swirl it around in the pot to get rid of any residual oils.
- Rinse it out: Rinse the pot with warm water and let it air dry or carefully wipe it with a soft kitchen cloth.
- Soak it with vinegar: Fill the coffee pot with water and add a few tablespoons of white vinegar. Let it sit overnight or at least four hours.
- Scrub it clean: In the morning, scrub the coffee pot with a soft brush or sponge. Rinse the pot with warm water and dry with a kitchen cloth.
- Don’t forget to clean the lid of your coffee pot.
- If your coffee pot is stained, you can make a paste by mixing equal parts of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the pot and let it sit overnight.
- Once you’ve cleaned the pot and it’s completely dry, you can add a few drops of vegetable oil to the inside. This will help prevent the pot from staining.
By being consistent with your cleaning routine and following the steps above, you will ensure your glass coffee pot is always clean and ready to use.