Cleaning Glass Coffee Mugs
Glass coffee mugs can be a beautiful feature of any kitchen or dining room, but they need to be well taken care of – and properly cleaned – if they are to look their best. Here are a few steps to help you clean any glass coffee mugs that you may have in your home:
Steps for Cleaning Glass Coffee Mugs
- Rinse in Warm Water: Rinse your glasses in warm water, but not hot, paying special attention to remove any coffee or tea residue.
- Use Detergent: Create a mix of mild detergent such as dish soap and warm water. Use a non-abrasive cloth or sponge to apply the detergent in a circular motion.
- Rinse Again: Rinse with warm water again to make sure that no detergent residue is left behind.
Tips for Cleaning Glass Coffee Mugs:
- Don’t use harsh abrasives or metal brushes as these can scratch the surface of the glass mugs.
- If you have hard water and find that you are getting an accumulation of white spots, use a vinegar rinse to help remove them.
- For mugs with a plastic lining inside, make sure you don’t get the lining wet. If it gets wet, dry it off with a soft cloth immediately.
- Allow the mugs to dry fully before storing them away.
- A few drops of lemon juice can help remove any lingering odours.
Cleaning glass coffee mugs is not complicated – and with a few simple steps you can keep them looking as good as new.