How To Clean A Glass Coffee Decanter
Cleaning a glass coffee decanter is no easy task, but with a few supplies and a bit of effort, you can get it looking like new in no time. Here’s how to tackle it:
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Soft brush
- Dry towel
- Mix together equal parts baking soda and vinegar to make a paste.
- Coat the inside of the decanter with the paste.
- Let the paste sit for 10 minutes.
- Add a few drops of dish soap to a small bowl of warm water and mix.
- Wet the sponge and use it to scrub away the paste.
- Use a soft brush to get into tight crevices and remove any stubborn bits.
- Rinse the glass with clean water and dry with a dry towel.
- Soak the decanter overnight in a solution of baking soda and vinegar to help remove stubborn stains.
- For difficult stains, use a water and baking soda paste and let it sit for about 20 minutes before scrubbing.
- For added shine, use a drop of olive oil on a dry paper towel and wipe the outside of the decanter.
Cleaning your glass coffee decanter doesn’t have to be a tedious chore. With just a few materials, some elbow grease, and these easy steps, you can have your decanter looking like new in no time.