Cleaning a Glass Coffee Decanter
It’s important to take care of coffee making equipment properly, so that you can coffee make quality coffee every single time. One of the essential pieces of coffee making equipment is a glass decanter. Here are some steps to help you to keep your glass coffee decanter clean and in tip top shape.
Steps for Cleaning a Glass Coffee Decanter
- Rinse the Decanter Thoroughly – Before you start cleaning your decanter, you should start off by rinsing it with hot water thoroughly. Make sure that you get rid of any coffee grounds or residue.
- Dissolve Baking Soda – Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda into a few inches of lukewarm water and pour it into the decanter. This will help to the break down any residue that may be stuck onto the decanter.
- Soak in the Solution – Let the decanter sit and soak in the solution for at least 15 minutes. The baking soda will help to loosen up any residue that may be stuck onto the decanter.
- Scrub the Decanter – If there are still some residue left after soaking the decanter in the solution, use a gentle brush and scrub the outside of the decanter. Be sure to use a mild dishwasher detergent to help with this.
- Rinse the Decanter – Once you are done scrubbing the decanter, rinse it thoroughly with warm water. Make sure that you get rid of all of the baking soda solution.
- Dry with a Soft Cloth – After you are done rinsing the decanter, use a soft cloth and dry the outside of the decanter completely. This will help to prevent streaks and residue from forming.
Following these steps will help to keep your glass decanter looking like new. Be sure to rinse and dry it regularly to ensure that it stays clean and free from residue. Enjoy your delicious coffee made from your sparkling clean glass coffee decanter!