How to Clean Glass Coffee Cups
No coffee lover wants to sip from a coffee cup that isn’t clean. Cleaning glass coffee cups may seem simple, but a few steps should be taken to make sure all residue is properly removed for a squeaky clean cup.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 drops of liquid dish soap
- Very hot water
- Soft dish cloth/sponge
- Paper towels/lint-free cloth
- Add baking soda and dish soap: Start by adding 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 2 drops of liquid dish soap to the glass coffee cup.
- Rinse with hot water: Fill the cup with very hot water, enough to cover all areas of the cup.
- Scrub lightly with dishcloth/sponge: Using a soft dish cloth or sponge, scrub lightly the interior and exterior of the cup to loosen any residue.
- Rinse and air dry: Rinse the cup with clean water and then air dry. Do not use paper towels or lint-free cloths – these fibers can remain in the glass, leaving undesirable residue.
- If the cup has caked-on residue, try filling it with warm water and letting it sit for 10-15 minutes before attempting the cleaning steps.
- Do not use abrasive scrubbers or cleansers on glass. These can scratch and damage the glass.
With a few simple steps, your glass coffee cup will be in top shape and ready to use. Enjoy!