How to Clean Glass Coffee Carafe with Vinegar
Coffee carafes often contain coffee oils and residues that can be difficult to remove. Cleaning with vinegar provides a cost-effective and natural solution to this problem.
Steps for Cleaning Glass Coffee Carafe with Vinegar
- Step 1:Mix the solution. Fill your empty coffee carafe with 2 to 3 cups of warm water and add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Mix the solution together.
- Step 2:Let it sit. Let the solution sit in your carafe for one hour. This will give the vinegar enough time to break down the oils and residues.
- Step 3:Rinse it out. After the solution has been sitting for an hour, throw it out and rinse the carafe with hot water. You should now notice a difference between the way it looked before and after the cleaning.
- Step 4:Dry it off. Dry the carafe with a lint-free cloth. This will help ensure it stays clean and free of any residue.
- You can also use a combination of baking soda and vinegar to remove tough stains. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1/4 cup of white vinegar and then apply the mixture to the carafe with a damp cloth. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it out.
- If the stains are still not coming off, try using a non-abrasive scrubbing pad to remove them.
- Be sure to rinse the carafe out thoroughly after each use to prevent build-up.
By following these simple steps you can quickly and easily clean your glass coffee carafe with vinegar. This natural and cost-effective method will help keep your carafe clean, fresh and free of nasty residues.