Cleaning a Glass Coffee Carafe
Maintaining your coffee carafe helps to ensure a longer life for your coffee maker and keeps your coffee flavorful and tasting great. Here are some tips for effectively cleaning a glass coffee carafe.
Steps to Cleaning a Glass Coffee Carafe
- Empty the carafe. After all the coffee has been emptied, rinse it out with hot water.
- Wash with soap. Fill the carafe with hot water and a few squirts of dish soap, then swirl it around to create a lathery solution. Scrub the inside of the carafe with a brush or sponge and rinse with hot water.
- Chlorine solution.Mix 1 teaspoon of liquid chlorine bleach with 1 quart of water in the carafe. Let it sit for a few minutes, swirl it around, and then rinse the carafe with hot water.
- Vinegar solution.Add 1 cup of vinegar and 2 quarts of water to the carafe and swish it around. Let it sit for a few minutes, swirl it again, and rinse it once more with hot water.
- Let it air dry. Wipe down the carafe with a clean, dry cloth and let it air dry for a few minutes.
- Clean the carafe after each use.
- If the carafe is especially dirty, let it sit with the vinegar solution for an extended period of time.
- Be sure to completely rinse the carafe with hot water to remove any residue before brewing a fresh pot of coffee.
By following these general instructions, you can handle most any coffee carafe cleaning situation effectively. Enjoy your freshly-brewed coffee with a nicely-cleaned glass carafe!