How to Clean Coffee Stains Off a Glass Coffee Pot
Making sure you keep your coffee pot and carafe clean is essential for brewing fresh and delicious tasting coffee. Coffee stains can discolor the glass and can be difficult to remove. Fortunately, the following steps will help you successfully get rid of coffee stains from your glass coffee pot with ease.
Things You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Cleaning sponge
- Mix equal parts of flour and baking soda to make an abrasive paste.
- Apply the paste to the stained area of the glass pot. Gently rub the paste over the stained area. This will help to loosen the coffee stains and make them easier to remove.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and warm water. Pour the mixture into the stained area of the glass pot and let it sit for up to 30 minutes.
- Once the vinegar and water mixture has soaked into the stained area, scrub it with a cleaning sponge. You may also need to use a brush to help remove the stains. Rinse the cleaning sponge often while scrubbing and repeat as necessary.
- After scrubbing the stains, rinse and dry the glass pot with a soft cloth.
- If the stains are still present after cleaning, apply the paste and vinegar mixture again and let it sit for up to 1 hour to help lift the stains.
- Always use a soft, non-abrasive cloth for drying and wipe off in the direction of the glass grain.
- If the stains are especially stubborn, it may help to use a commercial coffee pot cleaner to remove them. Please follow the instructions on the cleaner package for best results.