How to Clean a Burnt Glass Coffee Carafe
When the inside of your glass coffee carafe gets burned and charred, it might seem like it’s beyond help. But all is not lost – with some simple cleaning techniques, your carafe can be made new again. Here is what you need to do:
- Scrub – Begin by scrubbing as much of the burned residue as you can from the inside of the carafe using a stiff-bristled or stainless steel brush. After scrubbing off as much of the burnt material as you can, rinse it with warm water.
- Soak – If there are still some burnt bits lingering, fill your carafe with a few drops of dish soap and enough hot water to cover. Let it soak overnight.
- Repeat – If the carafe is still not completely clean, repeat the scrubbing, soaking, and rinsing until all of the residue is gone.
- If you have stubborn stains that refuse to budge, make a paste of baking soda and white vinegar and use it as a scrubbing agent.
- If the charred taste remains after cleaning, fill the carafe with hot water and a few drops of a mild bleach solution and let it sit for a couple of hours before rinsing.
- To prevent your carafe from getting burned in the first place, always fill it no more than 2/3 of the way full.
Cleaning a burned glass coffee carafe is a pain, but with a little elbow grease and the right ingredients, you can make your carafe look like new again.