How to Clean a Burned Glass Coffee Pot
Making great tasting coffee with a glass pot can be a challenge if you don’t clean it regularly.
Burning the bottom of your coffee pot is the most common issue faced by coffee lovers. This leaves a rather unappetizing black film on the bottom of the pot that is difficult to remove.
What You Need:
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Large Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Fill the large pot with enough water to cover the bottom of the glass pot.
- Add ¼ cup of baking soda and a generous pinch of salt to the pot.
- Put the glass pot inside the pot with the water.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Carefully remove the glass pot from the water.
- Allow the pot to cool.
- Wash the pot with classic dish soap and hot water.
- If the film is still present, add a ¼ cup of white vinegar.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the pot down with a wooden spoon.
- Rinse the pot with hot water and dry.
By following these steps, your burned glass coffee pot should come out looking as good as new!