How to Clean a Burned Glass Coffee Pot
Cleaning a glass coffee pot that has been burned can be a tricky situation. Over time, the burned residue can build up and cannot be removed easily with a traditional cleaning. Here are a few methods to clean your coffee pot and get it looking and smelling like new:
Baking Soda Paste
- Start by adding 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the bottom of the glass coffee pot.
- Mix the baking soda with some hot water to make a paste.
- With a sponge, scrub the paste onto the burned areas.
- Rinse the pot with hot water and scrub off any remainingpaste.
- Repeat steps until all the burned residue is removed.
Vinegar and Baking Soda Mixture
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar to the bottom of the pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Fill the pot with hot water and let it sit for another 15 minutes.
- Scrub the burned areas with a sponge to remove any residue.
- Rinse the pot and repeat steps until the entire pot is clean.
- Fill the pot with 1/2 a cup of lemon juice and 1/2 a cup of hot water.
- Scrub the burned areas with a sponge or scrub brush.
- Empty the pot and rinse it with hot water.
- Repeat steps until the pot is spotless.
Using these methods should get your glass coffee pot looking and smelling like new! With a bit of patience and elbow grease, you can remove the stubborn burned residue.