How to Clean a Burned Glass Coffee Carafe
Having a delicious cup of coffee starts with the carafe. Many households use glass coffee carafes for daily coffee drinking. But soon enough, you may find that overuse or inattention has left your carafe looking a little worse for the wear. You may have a burned carafe that is tough to clean. But don’t worry, with a few tips and hacks, your carafe will be restored to its former glory.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you begin to clean your burned glass carafe, it is important to have all of the supplies necessary to get the job done.
The Supplies You Need Include:
- Baking Soda
- Hot Water
- Dish Soap
- Old Cloth
Cleaning Your Coffee Carafe
- Begin by filling your carafe with baking soda. Make sure to fill it halfway up.
- Pour hot water in the carafe until it is filled. This will make sure that the baking soda completely dissolves.
- Let the water and baking soda mixture sit for an hour.
- Drain the mixture out of the carafe and discard.
- Fill the carafe with hot soapy water and let it sit for an hour.
- Drain the carafe and discard the soapy water.
- Fill the carafe with 1/3 vinegar and 2/3 hot water.
- Use an old cloth to scrub the surface of the carafe. Make sure to scrub in a circular motion.
- Drain the carafe and rinse with hot water.
- Finally, fill the carafe with hot water and let it sit for 15 minutes before draining and discarding the water.
Enjoy Your Clean Coffee Carafe
Your glass coffee carafe should now be clean and ready to brew. To keep it looking clean, you should always turn off the heat to the carafe immediately after pouring your coffee. Also,Fill the carafe with cold water and let it soak for a few minutes after each use, this will make clean up easier. Cleaning a burned glass coffee carafe may seem like a daunting task, but with the right supplies, it’s easy to do.