How to Clean an Old Pyrex Glass Coffee Pot
Pyrex coffee pots offer classic style and durability, but they may need periodic cleaning to maintain their shine and keep your coffee tasting great. Fortunately, cleaning a Pyrex coffee pot is relatively easy and requires only a few basic ingredients.
Things You’ll Need:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Soft cloths
- Sponge or dish brush
- Dishwasher (optional)
- Empty the pot. Throw away any used coffee grounds and rinse the pot with warm water.
- Pour in a solution. Make a solution containing one tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Fill the pot with this mixture.
- Scrub lightly. Using a soft cloth or a sponge, lightly scrub the inside and outside of the pot.
- Rinse with water. Empty the pot and rinse with warm water.
- Clean the rim. Clean the rim of the pot with a soft cloth; here dirt and oils tend to accumulate.
- Try the dishwasher. If you want to make sure the pot is extra clean, toss it in the dishwasher on the top or lowest tray setting.
If you follow these simple steps, your Pyrex coffee pot should look like new and keep your coffee tasting great.