How To Clean a Really Dirty Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee makers are one of the most used kitchen appliance. A dirty coffee pot can affect the taste of your coffee and can be a source of bacteria and dirt. Cleaning a really dirty glass coffee pot can seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and techniques, you can have it sparkling clean in no time.
Here are the steps you should follow when cleaning a really dirty glass coffee pot:
- Gather all the tools and supplies needed. You will need a dishcloth, a mild dishwashing detergent, baking soda, white vinegar, clean water, a spoon and a brush.
- Empty the old coffee grounds. Use a spoon to remove all the old coffee grounds from the bottom of the pot and throw them away. Plus, take off the pot filter.
- Create a cleaning paste from baking soda and water. Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with enough warm water to create a paste. This paste will help you remove the stubborn layers of dirt and grease.
- Apply the baking soda paste. Use the dish cloth to apply the paste to the inside of the pot. Make sure to apply it evenly.Focusing on spots where there is more dirt
- Let the paste sit in the pot. Let the paste sit in the pot for at least one hour, longer if the dirt is really tough to remove. This will help to soften and break up the dirt.
- Scrub off the dirt and grease. Once the paste has sat for an hour or more, scrub off the dirt and grease using the brush. Make sure to scrub in circular motions and pay close attention to spots with stubborn grease and dirt.
- Rinse the coffee pot. Rinse the coffee pot with hot water and your mild dishwashing detergent. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly and don’t forget the pot filter.
- Sanitize the coffee pot.Place two cups of white vinegar in the coffee pot and fill it with water. Allow the vinegar and water mixture to sit in the pot for 15 minutes. This will sanitize the coffee pot and help remove any lingering odors.
- Rinse the coffee pot once more. Once the coffee pot has sat in the vinegar and water mixture, rinse it with hot water and your mild dishwashing detergent.
- Let the coffee pot dry. Wipe down the outside of the coffee pot with a clean dish cloth and set it aside to air dry.
By following these steps, you can easily clean a really dirty glass coffee pot and make sure that your coffee will taste great the next time you make it.