How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot with Salt
Having an antiquated glass coffee pot can be a great conversation starter and an easy way to give your kitchen a little vintage flair, but keeping it clean is of utmost importance as it can get dirty with regular use. Fortunately, salt can be used to give any glass coffee pot a good clean with minimal effort.
Steps to Clean Glass Coffee Pot with Salt:
- Fill with hot water: First, fill the coffee pot up with hot water, filling it up until there is about 1/3 water.
- Add salt: Add 3 spoons worth of salt to the water and stir until the salt has dissolved.
- Let sit: Leave the coffee pot to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Scrub with sponge: After 20 minutes, scrub the insides of the coffee pot with a sponge soaked in the salt water.
- Rinse with hot water: Rinse the coffee pot with hot water to get rid of any salt residue.
- Enjoy: Your coffee pot is now as good as new!
Tips to Clean Glass Coffee Pot with Salt:
- Make sure to use a sponge with a non-abrasive side for scrubbing the inside of the coffee pot – the aim is to clean off dirt, not scratch the glass.
- Once you are done scrubbing, you can use a piece of cloth to give the inside of the pot a final polish.
- If there are stubborn stains that won’t come off, use a toothbrush or stiff bristled brush dipped into the salt water and scrub the area.
So there you have it – with just a few simple steps and the right ingredients, you can make sure that your glass coffee pot looks as good as new!