How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot with Baking Soda
Making coffee can often lead to a coffee pot that becomes stained with brown or black residue. Cleaning your coffee pot regularly helps maintain its look and taste, and baking soda is a useful tool for this job. With baking soda and a few simple steps, you can easily clean a glass coffee pot in a few minutes.
What You Need:
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Soft sponge or cloth
- Vinegar, optional
Steps to Clean Your Coffee Pot:
- Fill the pot with water and baking soda: Put the desired amount of baking soda into the coffee pot and fill with hot water. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes.
- Scrub: Using a soft sponge or cloth, begin to scrub and clean the pot. Do not use anything abrasive, such as steel wool as it can damage the glass.
- Rinse: Rinse out the pot with hot water.
- Vinegar (optional): To remove any tough or persistent stains, fill the pot with hot water and add one cup of vinegar. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Tips & Warnings:
- Make sure your pot is cool before starting.
- Clean your pot every few weeks to reduce staining.
- Do not use anything abrasive, such as steel wool.