How To Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
Cleaning your glass coffee pot can seem daunting, however, regular cleaning is important for your health and for keeping your coffee tasting its best. Here are a few quick and easy steps for how to clean a glass coffee pot:
Step 1: Disassemble
- Unscrew the metal filter, if it has one.
- Remove and discard the paper filter, if it has one
- Pull out the nozzle and sprout.
Step 2: Wash Each Piece Individually
- Fill a sink (or large bowl, if available) with warm, soapy water.
- Rinse each piece, then submerge in the soapy solution.
- Don’t forget to thoroughly scrub the filter, nozzle, and sprout
Step 3: Rinse & Dry
- Once all of the pieces are clean, rinse them with warm water.
- Use a soft cloth to dry each piece before assembling the coffee pot.
Step 4: Reassemble
- Once your glass coffee pot is dried, reassemble the pieces.
- Take care to align the filter, nozzle and sprout correctly, then reattach the lid.
Step 5: Repeat
- If you have lots of coffee drinkers in your household, clean your coffee pot at least once a week.
- For households of one or two, every other week will generally suffice.
Keeping your glass coffee pot clean will not only help keep your coffee tasting its best, but it will also keep you and your family safe from any bacteria or mold that can build up in coffee makers. Now you know how to clean a coffee pot quickly and easily!