How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
A glass coffee pot might seem like it would look sparkling clean after each use. However, it can be a breeding ground for sediments and bacteria that are almost invisible to the naked eye. Proper cleaning and maintenance of your glass coffee pot will ensure that you get the best tasting coffee and the longest life of your appliance.
What You Will Need
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Soft Sponge or Rag
- Dish soap
- Begin by rinsing the coffee pot out with hot water.
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in the pot, then allow the solution to sit for a few minutes.
- When the time is up, use a soft sponge or rag to scrub away any stains or deposits.
- Once scrubbed, rinse the pot with hot water.
- Fill the pot with equal parts baking soda and water and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the pot again with the sponge/rag and rinse it with hot water.
- For extra cleaning power, add a few drops of dish soap and hot water to the pot and scrub once more.
- Finally, rinse the pot thoroughly with hot water.
Your glass coffee pot should be sparkling clean and ready for use again. Routine cleaning with these simple steps will ensure that your coffee tastes great and your appliance lasts for as long as possible.