How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
Making a cup of coffee in a glass coffee pot is a common way to start the day. However, a glass coffee pot can serve your beverage needs for years, provided it is kept clean. Follow the steps below for easy, thorough cleaning of your glass coffee pot.
Things You’ll Need
- coarse salt
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- gasket brush
- Fill the glass coffee pot with a 1:1 solution of water and white vinegar and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes. This will help to break down coffee residue.
- Use a gasket brush to scrub around any places where coffee residue has built up.
- Before emptying the solution, drop 2 tablespoons of coarse salt directly into the glass coffee pot.
- Shake the pot vigorously (careful not to break it) for several minutes to help dissolve any coffee or debris stuck inside.
- Carefully empty the pot and rinse thoroughly until all of the salt is gone.
- If there are still stains in the pot, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with just enough water to make a paste. Rub the paste onto the inside of the pot and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Scrub with a stiff-bristled brush, rinse with warm water and wipe dry.
Follow the steps outlined above and you’ll have a sparkling clean glass coffee pot. Enjoy your next cup of coffee with peace of mind knowing that your glass coffee pot is clean and healthy!