How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
Knowing how to clean a glass coffee pot is essential for anyone who loves that cup of coffee in the morning. If you don’t clean your coffee pot often enough, coffee residue can build up, ruining the flavor of your coffee and potentially ruining your coffee pot. Follow these simple steps to quickly and easily clean a glass coffee pot.
Things You Will Need:
- Coffee pot
- White vinegar
- Warm water
- Sponge or cloth
- Fill your glass coffee pot midway with white vinegar.
- Continue filling your pot with warm water, until it reaches the top.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 1-2 hours.
- Empty out the vinegar and water mixture.
- Scrub the inside of the pot with a sponge or cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Rinse the pot with warm water.
- Fill the pot with warm water and pour it out. Repeat this process until all vinegar has been removed.
- Allow the pot to air dry or gently shake it to get rid of excess water.
- Your glass coffee pot is now clean and ready to use.
By following the steps above, you can effectively and quickly clean a glass coffee pot. Clearing away any residue allows for better tasting coffee. The same instructions can be used to clean other types of coffee pots, such as metal or ceramic. Even if you clean your coffee pot on a regular basis, it’s still important to give it a deep cleaning every few months.