How To Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
Most of us rely on our coffee machine everyday to get us through the morning and power us through the day. Coffee makers are essential. It is important to keep your coffee pot clean and in good shape to get the most out of your coffee. Here is a step by step guide on how to clean a glass coffee pot.
- 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Soft cloth
- Distilled white vinegar
- Basket-type coffee filters (if applicable)
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Empty the pot: Make sure to empty the pot of any old coffee or grounds. Dispose of them properly.
- Rinse: Rinse the pot with warm water and then dry it off with a soft cloth. Water spots can appear if the pot is dried off with a paper towel.
- Clean the carafe: Add baking soda to the carafe and fill it halfway with warm water. Let it sit for a few minutes, then use a non-abrasive sponge and scrub the inside of the carafe. Rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
- Clean the basket and lid: If you have a basket-type filter, you should clean it every two weeks. Soak the basket in warm water and soap, scrub it with a non-abrasive sponge, then rinse it off. Also clean the lid of the pot with warm water and soap.
- Vinegar rinse: Fill the carafe with a mix of one part distilled white vinegar and four parts water. Put the lid on and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Dump the mixture and rinse it off with warm water.
- Dry: Use a soft cloth to dry the carafe and basket (if applicable). Make sure to get in all of the nooks and crannies.
- Polish: Use a dry, clean cloth to polish the exterior of the carafe.
You should clean your glass coffee pot at least once a month. For busy households and frequent coffee drinkers, you may need to clean it more often. You should also clean your basket-type filter every two weeks, or more often if necessary.
Cleaning your glass coffee pot is important to ensure you get the most out of your machine and that your coffee tastes as good as it should. Following the steps above will keep your coffee pot in good shape and your coffee tasting just right.