How to Clean a Glass Coffee Decanter
Coffee decanters are made from glass, which needs to be cleaned to keep the drinking experience enjoyable.
- Dishwashing soap
- Soft rag
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Sponge or brush
- Step 1: Rinse out the decanter. Use hot water to rinse the decanter and remove any coffee grounds.
- Step 2: Wash with soap. Fill the decanter with hot water and add a few drops of dishwashing soap. Swirl the water around and then rinse the decanter.
- Step 3: Scrub with a rag. Use a soft rag to scrub the decanter to remove any residue.
- Step 4: Make a baking soda paste. Mix baking soda with a few drops of water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the decanter and scrub gently with a sponge or brush.
- Step 5: Rinse with vinegar. Fill the decanter with hot water and add a few drops of white vinegar. Swirl the water around and then rinse with hot water.
- Step 6: Dry with a soft rag. Use a soft rag to remove any excess water. Let the decanter air-dry before using.
Cleaning a glass coffee decanter regularly will help it last longer and keep the taste of the coffee enjoyable. Follow these steps and your decanter will be as good as new.