How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Properly cleaning and maintaining a glass coffee carafe is essential for ensuring a fresh cup of coffee each time. Coffee tends to have an oily residue that can build up on the inside and outside walls of the carafe, as well as on the lid.
Steps To Clean A Coffee Carafe
- Wash with warm, soapy water: Rinse out coffee carafe with warm water and mild soap. This will help remove any loose coffee residue from the carafe.
- Vinegar Solution: Make a solution of plain white vinegar and warm water. Fill half of the carafe with the mixture and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Swish the vinegar solution around the carafe and lid. Then rinse out well with warm water.
- Fill with Baking Soda: Place several tablespoons of baking soda in the carafe. Fill the carafe with hot water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Swish the baking soda solution around the carafe and lid. Then rinse well with warm water.
- Clean the Lid: Clean the lid separately using the same vinegar or baking soda solution. Place the lid in the solution and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse the lid well with warm water.
- Hand Dry: Hand dry the carafe and lid with a soft cloth. This will help to minimize any water spots.
By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure a clean and fresh tasting cup of coffee each time. It is important to properly maintain your carafe by regularly cleaning and hand drying it. Taking the time to properly clean and maintain your glass coffee carafe will extend its life and make sure you have the perfect cup of coffee each time.