How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
There’s nothing quite like a freshly brewed cup of coffee in the morning, but if you don’t take care of your carafe, you won’t be able to enjoy the taste! Here’s how to clean a glass coffee carafe properly.
Things you’ll Need
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- White vinegar
- Clean cloth/paper towels
Step 1: Emptying Out the Carafe
- Dispose of any coffee or coffee grounds that may be left in the carafe.
- Rinse the carafe with hot water to remove any leftover particles.
Step 2: Cleaning the Carafe
- Mix equal parts baking soda and hot water until it forms a paste.
- Using a cloth or paper towel, scrub the interior of the carafe with the paste.
- Rinse the carafe with hot water.
- Mix equal parts dish soap and hot water, then add a few tablespoons of white vinegar. Stir until the mixture is foamy.
- Use the foamy mixture to gently scrub the carafe until it’s clean.
Step 3: Washing Out the Carafe
- Rinse the carafe thoroughly with hot water.
- Fill the carafe with hot water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Let the carafe sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Empty the carafe, then rinse it one last time.
Step 4: Drying the Carafe
- Let the carafe air-dry with the top open.
- If the carafe is still damp, use a clean cloth or paper towels to allow it to dry completely.
Congratulations! Your glass coffee carafe is now shining like new. Cleaning your carafe regularly will ensure that you always enjoy a fresh cup of coffee!