How To Clean A Glass Coffee Carafe
A glass coffee carafe is a kitchen essential if you’re a coffee lover. But regular usage calls for regular care and cleaning.
If left uncleaned, coffee carafes can become stained, and residue can form inside. Yuck! Here’s a simple guide on how to clean a glass coffee carafe and keep it looking like new.
What You Will Need
- Paper Towels
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
Steps To Clean A Glass Coffee Carafe
- Disassemble, if possible: If the carafe separates into multiple parts, take it apart as much as you can. This will make it easier to clean.
- Pre-soak the parts: Fill your sink with hot water and a few drops of dish soap. Submerge the carafe and its parts to pre-soak.
- Remove residue: Make a paste with baking soda and water and gently rub it onto the carafe and its parts. Scrub with a toothbrush if necessary. Rinse.
- Sanitize: Fill the carafe with equal parts water and vinegar. Let it sit for an hour and then rinse with hot water.
- Dry: Pat the carafe and its parts dry with paper towels or a lint-free cloth.
- Reassemble: Put the carafe back together and you’re all set.
Now you know how to keep your coffee carafe fresh and sanitized. Enjoy another cup of java!