How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
A glass coffee carafe is often used to store and keep coffee hot. Over time, it can become caked with coffee grounds and oils that can ruin the taste of future brews. Fortunately, it’s not hard to clean a glass coffee carafe.
Things You’ll Need
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Hot Water
- Dish Towel
- Fill the carafe with hot water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda for every 8 ounces of water used.
- Stir in the baking soda until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar, and stir.
- Let the baking soda and vinegar solution sit for 20 minutes.
- Drain the carafe, and rinse it with warm soapy water.
- Pat the carafe dry with a dish towel.
To keep the coffee carafe clean, it should be emptied and rinsed out after each use. Additionally, it’s a good idea to put a teaspoon of baking soda in the carafe every few weeks and then rinse it out. This will help remove any buildup that can affect the taste or freshness of your coffee.