How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Cleaning and safety when it comes to your coffee carafe should be a priority if you want your coffee to taste the best. Here are some simple tips to help you thoroughly clean your carafe.
Things You’ll Need:
- Mild dish soap
- Soft cloth
- Long-handled bottle brush (optional)
- Baking soda
Steps to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
- Empty the carafe and rinse out any old coffee grounds.
- Fill the carafe halfway with warm water and add a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid.
- Swish the mixture around in the carafe with your hand and use a soft cloth to wipe down any remaining residue.
- If needed, you can use a long-handled brush to reach into the bottom of the carafe.
- If you still have any stuck-on residue, try using a mixture of one part baking soda and two parts warm water to scrub the bottom of the carafe and remove stubborn residue.
- Rinse the carafe with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not use anything abrasive to clean the glass carafe because it can scratch the surface.
- After each use, rinse out the carafe with warm water.
- If you are using regular coffee, make sure not to leave any unused coffee in the carafe for too long.
By following these simple steps, your glass coffee carafe will stay looking and smelling like new. Enjoy your freshest cup of coffee with a properly-cleaned carafe!