How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Coffee carafes are an essential part of any household and it is important to keep them clean in order to enjoy the best cup of coffee. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you clean your carafe in no time!
What You’ll Need
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Warm Water
- Soft Sponge/Cloth
Steps for Cleaning
- Combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 cup of warm water in the carafe.
- Swish the solution around inside with your hand or a soft sponge or cloth.
- Pour out the solution.
- Pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of warm water into the carafe.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Swirl the mixture around and then pour it out.
- Rinse the carafe with warm water.
- Squeeze 1/4 of a lemon into the carafe and swirl it around.
- Rinse the carafe again with warm water.
- Let the carafe dry completely before adding coffee.
- You may need to repeat these steps if the carafe is heavily stained.
- Be sure to use a soft sponge or cloth when cleaning the carafe as other materials may scratch the glass.
- Once you’ve finished cleaning the carafe, be sure to rinse it with hot water before adding coffee.
Cleaning your carafe doesn’t have to be a difficult task. With this easy step-by-step guide, you can have a sparkling clean carafe in no time!