How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Coffee lovers everywhere know that carafes help keep coffee hot and fresh. Keeping your carafe clean can help to ensure your hot beverages maintain their full flavor and aroma.
What Do I Need to Clean My Carafe?
To effectively clean your glass carafe you will need the following:
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- A clean cloth
- A soft-bristled brush
- A sink or bowl of warm water and soap
- Mix the Baking Soda & Water – Start by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda with one cup of warm water.
- Soak the Carafe – Place the carafe in the sink or bowl, so that it is completely submerged in the baking soda solution.
- Leave to Soak – Allow the carafe to sit for an hour.
- Clean the Inside – Use a soft-bristled brush to gently scrub the inside of the carafe. Rinse off the baking soda solution with warm water.
- Clean the Outside – Clean the outside of the carafe with a cloth and warm water and soap.
- Rinse and Dry – Rinse the carafe with hot water and let it air dry before using or storing.
- If your carafe is especially dirty, add one tablespoon of white vinegar to the baking soda solution to help remove stubborn stains.
- For extra shine, you can use a small amount of glass or cooktop cleaner applied with a clean cloth.
- Do not use any harsh cleaning products or abrasive materials on your carafe as it could damage it.
Cleaning a glass carafe does not have to be difficult. With a few simple steps, you can have your carafe looking good as new. With routine cleaning, you can ensure that your coffee continues to taste great for a long time to come.