How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe?
Whether you have an electric or non-electric carafe, it is essential to clean your carafe regularly to ensure that your coffee tastes good and doesn’t degrade over time. Here’s how to clean a glass coffee carafe in the right way.
What you need:
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- Baking soda
- A bowl
- Rubber gloves
- A brush or sponge
Steps to Clean the Carafe:
- Fill it with warm water: Take some warm water and fill your carafe until the water covers its entire inside. Make sure that there are no grounds or tea leaves left in the carafe.
- Pour in the vinegar or lemon juice: Add either vinegar or lemon juice to the carafe and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Add some baking soda: Pour a tablespoon or two of baking soda into the carafe and fill it with warm water. Mix all the ingredients together and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Scrub with a brush or sponge: Picking up a brush or sponge, scrub down all the inside walls of the carafe, making sure that all dirt and residue is removed.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse the inside of the carafe with clean water and dry it with a cloth. You can also put the carafe upside down on a clean towel to allow any excess water to drip out of it.
Tips for Keeping your Glass Coffee Carafe Clean:
- Always remember to clean your carafe at least once a week.
- Brew your coffee in a microwave-safe mug whenever possible, as this will reduce the need for cleaning the carafe.
- Avoid using too hot of water when making coffee, as this can leave behind residue on the carafe.
- Rinse your carafe right after each use to prevent the buildup of coffee grounds and oils.
Keeping your glass carafe clean is a great way to ensure that you have a great cup of coffee every time! With these steps, you can now confidently and safely clean your carafe so that it stays in its best condition.