How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Cleaning a glass coffee carafe is an important part of preserving its tastiness, aroma, and freshness. Coffee oils and residues left behind from brewing can quickly build up, making the carafe unappealing and possibly leading to off flavors. Follow these simple steps for efficient cleaning and an enjoyable cup of coffee.
What You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Scrub brush and/or sponge
- Coffee Grounds
- Paper Towel
Steps to Clean the Carafe
- Mix together a solution of equal parts dish soap and hot water. Soak the carafe overnight in the mixture.
- The next morning, use a scrub brush or sponge to thoroughly remove any coffee oils or residue still clinging to the glass.
- Rinse the carafe out with warm water.
- Fill the carafe a quarter of the way full with white vinegar and fill the remainder with hot water. Soak for at least 3 hours.
- Scrub the carafe with the scrub brush and/or sponge before rinsing with hot water.
- To remove any remaining odors, use a handful of coffee grounds and fill the carafe with hot water.
- Rub the grounds along the inside of the carafe and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with hot water.
- Finish by wiping the carafe dry with paper towels.
Keeping your glass coffee carafe clean and fresh is simple once you know the basics. By following these steps, you can ensure your morning coffee tastes as fresh and delicious as the day you bought your carafe. Enjoy!