How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
Having great-tasting coffee is a pleasure that anyone can easily enjoy, and cleaning a glass coffee carafe is an important part of making sure each cup is the best. It doesn’t take too much effort to keep a glass carafe looking and performing its best. Here are some simple steps to follow for successful coffee carafe cleaning.
- Mild dishwashing liquid
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Coffee carafe brush
- Hot water
- To begin, wash the carafe with hot, soapy water using a mild dishwashing liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Take the carafe brush, dip it in the hot, soapy water and use it to scrub the inside walls and bottom of the carafe.
- Rinse the carafe in hot water, making sure all the soap has been removed.
- For problematic stains and odors, pour some vinegar into the carafe and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Scrub the carafe with the carafe brush and the vinegar, then rinse with hot water until the vinegar is completely removed.
- To dry the carafe, shake out any excess water and let it air dry with the lid off.
- Do not place the carafe in the dishwasher as the high temperatures may damage the glass.
Following these tips will help keep a glass coffee carafe clean and prevent staining and odors. Regularly cleaning and drying the carafe can help maintain that first-cup taste of coffee for years to come.