How to Change Legs on an Oriental Coffee Table
Changing the legs of an oriental coffee table can be a great way to spruce up an old piece of furniture and give it a more modern look. Here’s what you need to know about replacing the legs of an oriental coffee table:
Tools you’ll need
- Screwdriver— a screwdriver is necessary to remove the old screws and replace the legs of the coffee table.
- Socket wrench— use a socket wrench to help you remove the old screws and secure the new ones.
- Remove the old legs. Begin by unscrewing the screws that hold the legs in place, using a screwdriver. You may have some difficulty in this process, in which case you may need to use a socket wrench.
- Attach the new legs. Once you’ve removed the old legs, place the new legs in their respective sockets. Make sure you have them in the correct positions, and then tighten the screws with a screwdriver.
- Recheck your work. Double-check that the screws have been correctly tightened and are secure. If any are loose, re-tighten them with a socket wrench.
- If the new legs are shorter than the old ones, shims may need to be used to make up the difference. You can purchase shims at most hardware stores.
- Always keep a spare set of legs on hand, in case you find yourself needing to replace them again in the future.
Changing the legs of an oriental coffee table can be a simple and rewarding task. With the right set of tools and instructions, the job can be completed in a few easy steps.