How to Change a Coffee Table
Coffee tables are a great way to increase the style and comfort of your living space, and having one that is well suited to the overall theme of your room is key. Whether you’re looking to change the color, material, or shape of your table, there is no shortage of possibilities. Here is a simple guide to successfully changing your existing coffee table.
Steps to Change a Coffee Table
- Measure out the area where the new table will go, and make a note of the dimensions, to ensure the new table will fit safely and snugly.
- Select the type of material or color you will use for the new table. Different types of material can drastically change the appearance of the room; any type of fabric like velvet or leather will give the room a luxurious and stylish update.
- Acquire the materials for the new table and begin assembling. Making it yourself is a great way to control the final product, but you can also find some great options from furniture stores or even second-hand stores.
- Connect the pieces carefully and with precision. Make sure all the pieces are secure and will survive the wear and tear of everyday life.
- Test it for sturdiness and make any adjustments, if necessary.
- Style the new coffee table with items that match the overall theme of the room. Throw blankets, coffee table books and decorative items all have the ability to transform the look of the table.
Depending on the type of coffee table you’re looking to change, the steps may vary. Leather or fabric coffee tables will require more detailed and precise steps for the assembly and overall look, whereas glass and wooden coffee tables tend to be easier to update. Regardless, following these steps should give you the new coffee table you’ve been dreaming of.