How to Care for a Marble Coffee Table
A marble coffee table is an elegant and classy addition to any living room. With the right care, it can even last generations. Here are some tips to keep your coffee table looking its best:
- Wipe the marble coffee table with a clean, damp cloth.
- A mild detergent is safe to use occasionally, but should be thoroughly rinsed off afterwards.
- Be sure to avoid harsh scrubbers or harsh cleaning agents as these could harm the marble.
- If you still experience residue or stubborn stains, you can use a special marble cleaning product or non-abrasive scrubbing pad.
- Clean spills promptly. Use the same damp cloth and mild detergent.
- Avoid placing hot dishes directly onto the marble. As marble is porous, this could cause harm.
- Use coasters. This can help protect the marble surface from any liquids or other items.
- Place a piece of glass or plastic on the table surface. This will act as an additional layer of protection against any spills.
Occasionally, marble coffee tables can develop a dullness. To bring back the shine, you can use a specially formulated marble polish.
Overall, with regular maintenance and the right care, your marble coffee table will look as good as new for many years to come.