How to Care for a Wooden Coffee Table
Wooden coffee tables can add unique beauty to your living room or patio. To ensure the longevity of your wooden coffee table, regular cleaning and care are essential. Below are some simple tips on caring for your wooden coffee table.
- Dust your coffee table regularly. Dust can build up over time and makes it more difficult to clean. Use a soft, dry cloth to lightly dust your table.
- Polish your wooden coffee table at least once a month. Ensure you use a wood polish made specifically for the type of wood your coffee table is made of. A quality wax, oil, or paste polish will protect the wood from drying or cracking.
- Protect your coffee table from excessive moisture. Keep your coffee table away from windows, plants, and any other source of moisture. Place a coaster on the table when serving drinks to avoid any long-term damage.
- If you spilled liquid on your wooden coffee table, immediately mop up the wet spot with a clean, soft cloth. Blot the area to avoid spreading or staining the wood.
- Use wood cleaners to disinfect and clean the wood. Make sure you use the right cleaner for the type of wood your coffee table is made of. After cleaning, head with a soft cloth to remove any residue.
By following these simple cleaning and care tips, your wooden coffee table will be protected from damage and you’ll get many years of use out of it.