How to Buy the Perfect Coffee Table
Shopping for a coffee table can sometimes be an intimidating process. You want to make sure you get one that fits your home, style, and budget perfectly. Here are a few tips for how to buy the perfect coffee table for your home.
Determine Your Needed Size & Shape
The size and shape of your coffee table should be determined by its primary use. If it is going to be used regularly for entertaining, you’ll need one that’s big enough to serve a few people snacks, drinks, and more. However, if you don’t plan on entertaining regularly, you can find smaller coffee tables that will fit in a more compact space.
Consider whether you have a square, rectangular, circular, or oval space in your home, and then find a corresponding size and shape coffee table to fit it.
Think About Your Style
Coffee tables come in so many different styles that you’re sure to find one that fits your look. Some popular styles to choose from include:
- Modern: Sleek and minimalistic.
- Rustic: Natural looking or made from reclaimed wood.
- Art Deco: Bold geometric shapes and symmetrical designs.
- Mid-Century Modern: Retro-looking with tapered legs.
- Industrial: Made from metal and wood, often square or hexagonal.
Choose Your Materials Wisely
The material you choose for your coffee table is just as important as the style. Some materials can be more stain-resistant and durable than others, and some are simply easier to clean. Some popular materials to choose from include:
- Glass: Stain-resistant and easy to clean, but can be quite fragile.
- Wood: Durable and long-lasting, but may not be as resistant to damage.
- Metal: Strong and lightweight, but can be susceptible to corrosion.
- Fabric: Soft and comfortable, but may stain more easily.
- Leather: High-end look and feel, but can require more care and maintenance.
It’s important to keep in mind your budget when shopping for a coffee table. You can usually get a good quality coffee table for anywhere from $100 – $400, depending on the size and material you choose. If you’re willing to spend more, you can find coffee tables for up to $1,000 or more.
Remember that it’s worth it to invest in quality, because a good coffee table should last you for many years to come.
Buying a coffee table doesn’t have to be a daunting process. With the right knowledge and a bit of patience, you can find the perfect coffee table to match your space, style, and budget.