How to build a patio coffee table
A patio coffee table is a great addition to your outdoor living space and an easy do-it-yourself project that you can complete in a weekend. Follow these simple steps to build your own patio coffee table.
- 3/4-inch plywood for top, bottom and sides
- Screws and glue
- Paint or sealant
- Step 1: Cut the table frame pieces. Cut five 2x4s to 16 1/2 inches and three 2x4s to 9 inches.
- Step 2: Assemble the frame. Line the 16 1/2-inch 2x4s up parallel to each other and attach them to the 9-inch pieces using screws to form the table frame.
- Step 3: Cut the table top. Cut a 3/4-inch piece of plywood to 32 inches by 32 inches.
- Step 4: Make the bottom shelf. Cut a 3/4-inch piece of plywood to 32 inches by 17 inches.
- Step 5: Attach the table top and the shelf to the table frame. Face the top and shelf with the frame on a flat surface, then securely attach with glue and screws.
- Step 6: Cut the side pieces. Cut four 1x4s to 32 inches and two 1x4s to 17 inches.
- Step 7: Attach the side pieces. Secure the side pieces to the top and bottom pieces with glue and screws.
- Step 8: Attach the brace. Cut a 2×4 to 34 inches. Attach it to the center of the table top with glue and screws for added strength.
- Step 9: Sand and seal. Sand the patio coffee table and apply a sealant or paint to finish.
Your patio coffee table is now complete!
Now you can enjoy your beautiful patio coffee table and all the outdoor gatherings it will surely host!