How To Build Coffee Table Legs
A successful DIY project will turn an ordinary coffee table into something of your own design. Let’s explore how to make strong and stylish legs for a coffee table.
- Wood Board: 3 boards which are 1 inch thick and 3 to 4 inches wide.
- Wood Glue: A strong wood glue that adheres well to both wood surfaces.
- Nails: To secure the wood boards while the glue dries.
- Sandpaper: To create a smooth finish.
- Paint, Stain, or Finish: In the color of your choice.
- Cut 3 wood boards in the desired dimensions and sand them to create a smooth surface.
- Create a jig to shape the legs. The jig will be made with a small piece of scrap wood attached to a board that fits into another board with a V-shaped notch. This notch will be used to guide the saw when shaping the legs.
- Use a saw to cut the legs so that the V-shaped notch on the jig fits snugly into each piece. The pieces should be cut in a consistent fashion to ensure a neat result.
- Attach the legs to each other with wood glue and nails, making sure that the legs are firmly attached to one another.
- Sand down the legs once they have been attached. This will remove any imperfections and create a smooth surface.
- Attach the top of the legs to the coffee table with wood glue. Allow the glue to dry before moving on to the next step.
- Finish the legs with paint, stain, or any other material of your choice.
Creating coffee table legs doesn’t need to be difficult if you follow this guide. With the right materials and steps, you’ll be able to create a personally-designed coffee table that you’ll be proud to show off.