How to Build Bottle Cap Coffee Table
- Base of coffee table
- Bottle caps
- Wood glue
- Supplies to paint and finish
- Paint brush
- Prepare the base of the table. Start by measuring the width and height of your coffee table base. Measure the area you would like to cover with bottle caps and transfer these measurements to your base.
- Arrange the bottle caps. Begin by placing the bottle caps on the outside border of the table. Work your way inward and tighten the bottle caps together until your pattern or design is complete.
- Secure the bottle caps. Use wood glue or caulk to adhere the bottle caps to the table. Allow the bottle caps time to set and dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Paint the bottle caps. Now that the bottle caps are secured, it’s time to paint. Use a paint brush to apply your desired color or pattern. Be sure to coat the bottle caps several times for a lasting finish.
- Finish the table. Once the paint is dry, finish the table with a clear coat of sealant or varnish. This will provide an extra layer of protection from wear and tear.
- Start with an old table. An existing coffee table is ideal for this project. This way, you don’t need to worry about finding the perfect base and displaying your bottle caps.
- Experiment with different colors. There’s no right or wrong way to paint the bottle caps. Have fun and experiment with different combinations and color schemes.
- Re-seal as needed. Over time, the paint and sealant may start to wear down. To ensure that the bottle caps last for years to come, reapply a clear coat of sealant or varnish.