How To Build a Bottle Cap Coffee Table
Creating a bottle cap coffee table can be a fun and creative way to use up those old soda bottle caps. This project requires some basic tools, supplies, and some patience. It’s definitely not a quick project, but the result is truly unique.
- Wooden boards for the table surface and legs
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- Soda bottle caps
- Sealant or varnish
- Gather your wooden boards and cut them to size. You’ll need one board for the tabletop, four boards for the legs, and two boards to create a shelf beneath the table.
- Drill pilot holes into the tabletop boards, and screw the legs into the holes. Attach the shelves with screws as well.
- Using your hot glue gun, begin gluing the bottle caps onto the tabletop. Start at the center and work your way outward in a spiral pattern. Make sure the bottle caps are all facing the same direction.
- Once all of the bottle caps have been glued onto the tabletop, allow plenty of time for the glue to dry. Then seal the entire tabletop with either a sealant or varnish.
- Optional: Paint the legs to match or add decoration to the table.
A bottle cap coffee table is a great addition to any home because it is unique, sustainable, and economical. Plus, it’ll give you an excuse to hold onto those soda bottle caps instead of throwing them away.