How to Build a Coffee Table from Bottle Caps
Do you want to recycle and be creative at the same time? A bottle cap coffee table will help you achieve both goals. It may sound confusing and challenging but with a few simple instructions, you can easily create an awesome coffee table that is made out of bottle caps.
- Many beer/soda bottle caps
- Wooden board for the tabletop
- Wooden boards for the legs
- Wood glue
- White glue
- Wide paintbrush
- Coarse sandpaper
- Electrical hot glue gun
- Clean the bottle caps: Be sure to clean the bottle caps properly so they shine before you can use them to build the table. To do this, you can use mineral spirits and a coarse sandpaper. Also, make sure you remove the sharp edges of the bottle caps.
- Prepare the bottle caps: Now, you can draw around the bottle caps on a sheet of paper and then cut out the shape with a scissors. Another way of preparing bottle caps is to use an electrical hot glue gun to seal them together one by one.
- Build the tabletop: The next step is to build the tabletop. For this, you will need to cut the wood board that you have purchased to the shape and size you desire. Once the board is ready, you can then use wood glue and white glue to secure the bottle caps to the board.
- Attach the legs: Now it’s time to attach the legs to the tabletop. To do this, you will need to cut the wooden boards for the legs to the desired length. Once the boards are ready, you can use wood glue and the wide paintbrush to attach them.
- Finishing touches: The last step is to add some finishing touches. You can do this by applying some white glue on the edges of the bottle cap and then dust some paint to give the table a unique look.
Once you have completed all these steps, your unique and eco-friendly bottle cap coffee table is ready to use. Enjoy it with your family and friends!