How to Create a Tile Top Coffee Table
You can transform an ordinary coffee table into an eye catching piece of furniture by adding tiles to the top. This simple do-it-yourself project can be done in one day and will produce a unique and stylish item you’ll be proud to show off.
You will need:
- Tile adhesive
- Measuring tape
- Tile nippers
- Coffee table
Step by Step Instructions:
- Measure the coffee table: Begin by measuring the top of the coffee table. This will determine the size of the tile you need to purchase.
- Purchase the tile: Once you know the size of the tiles you need, head to your local home improvement store and shop for tiles. Choose the color and style that will best compliment your coffee table.
- Lay the tiles: Spread tile adhesive on the table top. Lay the tiles on top of the adhesive. Make sure to use a level to make sure the tiles are even.
- Cut the tiles: In some cases, you may need to use tile nippers to cut the tiles to fit. Cut the tiles one at a time and adhere them to the coffee table.
- Caulk tile seams: Be sure to caulk any seams between the tiles to prevent dirt from settling within the gaps.
- Grout the tiles: Spread grout over the tiles. Allow the grout to set. When the grout is fully dry, use a damp sponge to clean off any remaining residue.
And that’s it! Now you’ve got a beautiful tile top coffee table that is sure to be the centerpiece of your living room!