How To Build a Simple Storage Coffee Table
Having a coffee table that has multiple uses is an excellent way to make the most of a space. Making your own simple storage coffee table is not as hard as it may seem. Here is a guide to help you make one.
What You’ll Need
- Wood (enough to make a top and sides)
- Wood screws of various lengths
- Wood saw
- Wood glue
Steps to Take
- Measure – Measure out the top and sides of the table. Cut the pieces of wood to size.
- Saw notches – Use the saw to make two notches near the edges of the top piece. These will be used to fit the two side pieces.
- Drill – Use the drill to make several holes in the side pieces. These will be used to attach the legs.
- Glue – Apply wood glue to the notches you cut and attach the side pieces. Let the glue dry for at least 24 hours.
- Screw – Use the screws to attach the legs to the sides. Make sure you pre-drill the holes.
- Sandpaper – Once the table is assembled, use sandpaper to make sure all the edges are smooth and splinter-free.
It is not hard to make a simple storage coffee table. All it takes is a bit of measuring, sawing, drilling, gluing and screwing, and you will have a beautiful multi-use table that you can be proud of.